Stretching isn’t always our top priority – let’s face it, when given the choice between lifting weights or an adductor stretch, you’ll find me elbowing my way to a barbell 🙂
But it is important – both for health, general wellbeing and feeling good, and even improving our technique. Try squatting well with tight ankles and adductors. It ain’t going to happen.
So here’s a quick video showing some essential leg stretches for ladies who lift. Which, if you’re reading this, is probably you (apart from the gents who lift and read my blog).
- The cues are in the video, here are some additional ones:
- Remove shoes! Refers to your home AND the gym 🙂 In the vid I’m in my brand new Vivos, they are very soft, thick trainers will affect foot position.
- Hold stretches for 30-60sec (or at least for the count of 10), repeat 2-3 times.
- Breathe through these stretches, lean in on your exhales.
- Do these daily. Yes, seriously. Your pins will thank you for it.
Need help with these – give me a shout!