Meanfitfoxes Abs Challenge, Week 1, Day 1
Okay, here we go!
Week 1, day 1 of the abs challenge and we start off with the plank 🙂
Follow along as I do the workout in real time or do it yourself. Hold each position for 30 seconds (so that’s Plank – Plank (left or right) – Plank (the other side). Repeat whole sequence twice more for a total of 3 sets.
- Shoulders in line with elbows, upper arms vertical – you are supporting yourself, not pushing away.
- Keep your upper back engaged, hips in a neutral position and squeeze your buttocks hard. They should almost be cramping with the effort, that’s how hard you’re squeezing. A common mistake is to let your hips sag. Bad! Keep them neutral or even elevated slightly.
- Flex your quads hard (flexing quads is straightening the leg). You should feel them go rock solid. Squeeze your inner thighs hard too.
- Engage your lats. Imagine someone is trying to tickle your armpits. The arms should not move from their position when you do this.
- Finally, keep your neck neutral, arms straight down, resting on your forearms, breathing normal.