Now we’re coming into the final few weeks of our party outfit programme. We’ll be ramping up the intensity to hit some PR’s and we’re going to introduce some high octane cardio conditioning to really kickstart our fat burning.
This week we are going to work on our deadlifts and finish off our lower body training with hip thrusts. For our upper body and back we carry on with face pulls and YTWL’s. This combination will give you an internet breaking posterior 🙂
Warmup: overhead squats, mountain climbers, shoulder corkscrews and YTWL
Battle Rope Conditioning. This is my favourite form of metcon (metabolic conditioning). One big advantage of Battle Ropes is that they’re very simple to learn which is why I use them a lot with my clients. Start off with 15 seconds of work, 45 seconds of rest for 5 minutes. Trust me, your arms will feel like they’re going to fall off! Trust me again, your arms and back will look magnificent 🙂
We up the intensity this week.
Do the exercises in order and to the following template:
- Warmup – 3 sets x 30sec each exercise, 30 sec rest between sets but no rest between the exercises!
- RDL’s – 3 sets of 5 at 75% of your 1 rep max, 1 set of 3 at 85% of your 1 rep max and 1 set of 1 at 95% of your 1 rep max
- Landmine press and squat. 3 sets of 3 at 85% of your 1 rep max, 3 sets of 10 at 60% of your 1 rep max
- Face pulls. As many reps as possible on a reasonably challenging weight setting allowing to keep good technique x 2 sets
- Band pull aparts. Aim for 25 reps.
- Stir the pot. Aim for continuous stirring for 2 sets, 30 seconds. The slower you go, the more challenging this becomes.
Finish off with 10 minutes of your favourite form of cardio. I favour kettlebells and battle ropes but anything to build up a good sweat is good. Stretch your hip flexors and we’re done!
Stick to the same template for a minimum of two sessions a week and optimally three.