I’ve been working on a project with a leading Parisian Pilate’s teacher and had the pleasure of getting my posture fixed and improved over the past week. Too much heavy lifting in recent weeks made this quite challenging 🙂
My favourite posture is the Side Twist. (Other names are available, it’s just my French translating skills are tres terrible)
It really strengthens the core and improves shoulder stability and range of motion. This has gone straight into my book of favourite exercises, especially after a session of landmine presses.
- Start on your side, then prop yourself up on your elbow and knee
- Maintain that trunk position throughout the exercise
- Rotate your upper arm down and through the gap between your support arm and the ground.
- Hold for one breath, then rotate back up and extend the arm and fingertips towards the ceiling.
- Hold for one breath, then repeat for five repetitions