Getting some good feedback for the start of the workout. A few complaints about feeling sore but hey, you’re all enjoying the training, so just get on with it!
This week we’re going to step things up a notch. We are going to work more on the upper body by adding 3 exercises to our workout: YTWL’s, lateral lounges and band pull aparts.
Warmup: overhead squats, mountain climbers, shoulder corkscrews and
Romanian Deadlifts (RDL)
Lateral Lunges. A wonderful way to work your hamstrings and tone those inner thighs! Use med ball/kettlebell/dumbbell/weight plate – anything you can hold comfortably and safely.
Landmine press and squat. 3 sets of 5 at 70% of your 1 rep max
Face pulls. As many reps as possible on a reasonably challenging weight setting. No need to go heavy, it’s more important to keep the technique.
Stir the pot
Band pull aparts. As many reps as possible. Aim for 25 reps
We up the intensity this week.
Do the exercises in order and to the following template:
- Warmup – 3 sets x 30sec each exercise, 30 sec rest between sets but no rest between the exercises!
- RDL’s – 3 sets of 3 at 75% of your 1 rep max
- Lateral lunges. 3 sets of 10 at 50% of your 1 rep max
- Landmine press and squat. 3 sets of 5 at 70% of your 1 rep max
- Face pulls. As many reps as possible on a reasonably challenging weight setting allowing to keep good technique x 2 sets
- Band pull aparts. Aim for 25 reps.
- Stir the pot. Aim for continuous stirring for 2 sets, 30 seconds. The slower you go, the more challenging this becomes.
Finish off with 10 minutes of your favourite form of cardio. I favour kettlebells and battle ropes but anything to build up a good sweat is good. Stretch your hip flexors and we’re done!
Stick to the same template for a minimum of two sessions a week and optimally three.